With a large line of filtration and separation products designed on Client’s specific needs, GBM can improve fluid quality and increase profitability by optimizing the performance of processing equipment.
In GBM’s opinion, a close cooperation among “Process”, “Mechanical Planning” and “Construction” brings to
- Easy communication between process and production.
- Speed and flexibility throughout all production phases.
- Economic advantages, as the exchange of detailed information, always lead to the best balance between process requirements and manufacturing optimization.
- Easy and smooth handling of possible changes during the “work in progress”.
GBM can offer a wide range of solutions and products: centrifugal separation, disposable filter media or backwash system, temporary strainers, one stage or multi stage filtration, Simplex or Duplex. Following filters have got capability to work in aggressive environments, extreme temperatures and high contaminant concentrations:
Basket Filters and Strainers
GBM manufactures Basket Filters, in-line or TEE or Y shape , Strainers from small size ( 6 inches) up to 60″ ( DN> 1500 mm).
- They are made in Carbon steel, Low alloy Steel (Cr-Mo), Austenitic stainless steel, Duplex and Superduplex stainless steel, Alloy steel and Non ferrous (exotic) alloy, Integral made or cladded; for low, medium or high pressure.
- They can be with Basket or temporary Strainers, Cylindrical, conical or special Screen and shape, in a wide range of Mesh and supports: Perforated sheets, grid, Nets and Metallic wire cloths.
Cartridge Filters / Coalescers
GBM produces filters able to work in aggressive environments, extreme temperatures and high contaminant concentrations.
- For high solids loading, a backwash system may be the optimal filtration solution.
- Blowback / backwash Systems contain either porous metal, Special metallic mesh, Sintered metal Powder or ceramic filters.
- Disposable filter media would be used for fairly low solids-loading applications.
- In some cases, removal of solids may require a combination of the previous two methods.
- Coalescing elements provide maximum liquid and solid removal at low pressure drop to reduce maintenance and operating costs associated with contaminated gas in the Industrial rotating machine or in the control and reduction valves.
- Cartridges filtration could be associated with others separation as Vane, Mini-cyclones and Demister.
GBM carries out the engineering and manufacturing of multi stage filters both vertical or double barrel horizontal (Filter & Separator).
GBM carries out the engineering and production of multi stage filters both vertical or double barrel horizontal (Filter & Separator).
Self cleaning Filters
Self cleaning filters allow a continuous filtration of industrial and sea water with high solids content, ensuring an automatic backwash in sequence of filter elements. The filter consists of a cylindrical body with one or more internal concentric crowns of vertical filter elements fixed to a plate, beneath which is located the spray arm driven by the motor and connected to the drain motorized valve. The filter is supplied complete with all accessories necessary to perform the functional requirements described in this specification and it could be internally lined or cladded or made of integral high alloy or exotic material in case of high corrosion fluids.
Activated Carbon filters
Activated carbon filters are used when contamination in the fluids to be treated must be reduced. Type and quantity of carbon is decided on the base of the process data given by the Client.
Scrubbers and Separators
Scrubbers and Separators are process equipment operating on fluids density’s difference. Separation is performed by action of gravity, normally with installation of impingements and / or centrifugal devices; Mesh Demisters, Vane Mist eliminators, Mini-Cyclones, Cyclotubes or other impingements are installed inside the vessels to optimize the sizing and the performances.
GBM manufactures Scrubbers and Separators with diameter up to 5 meter, weight up to 150 ton, for low medium and high pressure (300 barg).
Scrubbers and Separators:
- Are made in Carbon steel, Low alloy Steel (Cr-Mo), Austenitic stainless steel, Duplex and Superduplex stainless steel, Alloy steel and Non ferrous (exotic) alloy: Integral made or cladded.
- Can often work in aggressive environments: Sulphide Stress Cracking in Hydrogen Sulphide Environment (wet sour services), NACE MR 0103 – MR 0175, NACE TM 0177 or Hydrogen Induced Cracking, NACE TM 0284.
Bags Filters are very functional to remove fines and particulates from gases. In particular, GBM, produces Bags filters for Polymers and Chemical Industry for removal of Polyethylene, Polypropylene, or other HC Polymers powders, LLDPE, MDPE, HDPE resins from HC or Swing or Inert Gases.
- Capability to work in aggressive environments, high or very low temperatures, high solid concentrations.
- The possibility to be equipped with Blowback system for the removal of powder cake from the surface of the bags. The Blowback does not stop the filtration, and is piloted by an automatic device. It can work in explosive atmosphere, certified by ATEX.
Cyclones are used to remove dust and particulates from gases. They have the additional benefit to minimize maintenance costs avoiding any frequent change of cartridges or bags. In particular, GBM, manufactures Cyclones for Polymers and Chemical Industry for removal of Polyethylene, Polypropylene, or any other HC Polymers powders, LLDPE, MDPE, HDPE resins from HC or Swing or Inert Gases.
Cyclones have got following features:
- Capability to work in aggressive environments, high or very low temperatures, high solid concentrations. They could be made for low, medium or high pressure according to latest generation of Process technology.
- Considering the Process needs they could be supplied Electrically or Steam traced.
- They are made in Carbon steel, Low alloy Steel (Cr-Mo), Austenitic stainless steel, Duplex and Superduplex stainless steel, Alloy steel and Non ferrous (exotic) alloy: Integral made or cladded.
- GBM is able to design the tangential inlet taking into consideration pressure, moments and loads with FEM analysis.